Leaving the country

Leaving the country

Prior to the trip:

  • Check the validity of the insurance (dates, territory) and obtain additional insurance if required. Insurance policies issued by ALD Automotive are valid in territory of European Economic Area (EEA)
  • If you plan to travel outside EEA, make sure that you don't need a letter of attorney certified by a notary or a persional certificate to drive a car
  • Check the technical condition of your car (lights, brakes, oil) and take it to the technical inspection or technical maintenance if necessary
  • In winter find out what the rules on tires are in the countries you are going to travel to. Take attention, that in Southern and Central Europe it is forbidden to use studded tyres.
  • Get acquainted with the traffic rules in the countries you are going to travel to. Here you can find comparison of European traffic laws

To plan your travel you can use Viamichelin website that also provides information of traffic rules and road maps in various countries.


  • In case of traffic accident always call the police and if possible get a copy of the police report. Photograph the place of accident and the damages and record contact information of the involved persons
  • In case of technical problems or a traffic accident you can call ALD Automotive 24 hour Roadside Assistance service. We will arrange assistance through our partners in a particular country

ALD Automotive Customer service

+370 5 24 777 68 (Mon-Fri 8:30-17:00) 


24 hour Roadside Assistance

+370 5 243 1410

Contact us:
+370 5 24 777 68